Welcome to the new faculty and students of Wright State!
A new school year is upon us, and Digital Services would like to highlight what CORE Scholar can do for our community.
CORE Scholar is an institutional repository sponsored by the Wright State University Libraries and managed by the Digital Services Department. The IR collects and makes available the scholarly output of Wright State faculty and students. The material is free and open to the world. Users only need an internet connection to see and download the superb research of Wright State University.
Digital Services handles the population and management of CORE Scholar. Below are some of the great services offered by DS:
- Uploading of Scholarly material (peer-reviewed articles, conference proceedings, presentations, published abstracts, etc.) to CORE Scholar
- Journal Management, including editor and peer-review assignment, customization of look, and the ability to email authors
- Conference modules can collect all proceedings, videos, photos, and much more from any conference. Check out the Pride and Prejudice Conference from last year
- Copyrights checking, advice on retaining author’s rights, and help drafting data management plans
- Hit and download counts of all material uploaded in CORE Scholar delivered to your email every month
- We provide a profile page for Wright State Faculty, called SelectedWorks, which can showcase an author’s scholarship, their awards, personal achievements, pertinent websites, and more
- Digitization of materials for our CORE Scholar authors
How do you get started? Simply contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is the first post of a series covering what Digital Services can offer. Look out for more information!
Get rowdy, Raiders!
P.S.—Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter! @wsudigiserv.