Sometime during September 1861, Robert Patterson joined the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry as a Sergeant/Color Ensign. The Benton Cadets were primarily recruited from Ohio and Kentucky. Company A came from Cincinnati and Companies E and F came from Shelby County, Ohio. Robert was a member of Company C. The Cadets were organized at St. Louis, Missouri during September and October 1861 and became part of Major General John C. Fremont’s Western Department Army being formed at St. Louis.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17
- McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” chosen for Big Read
- New Exhibit: Presidential Visits to the Miami Valley
- Harry Haskell delights crowd with Maiden Flight lecture
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
- Join us October 25th: Maiden Flight Lecture, The Wright Romance