Sometime during September 1861, Robert Patterson joined the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry as a Sergeant/Color Ensign. The Benton Cadets were primarily recruited from Ohio and Kentucky. Company A came from Cincinnati and Companies E and F came from Shelby County, Ohio. Robert was a member of Company C. The Cadets were organized at St. Louis, Missouri during September and October 1861 and became part of Major General John C. Fremont’s Western Department Army being formed at St. Louis.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours