Sometime during September 1861, Robert Patterson joined the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry as a Sergeant/Color Ensign. The Benton Cadets were primarily recruited from Ohio and Kentucky. Company A came from Cincinnati and Companies E and F came from Shelby County, Ohio. Robert was a member of Company C. The Cadets were organized at St. Louis, Missouri during September and October 1861 and became part of Major General John C. Fremont’s Western Department Army being formed at St. Louis.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- May Day! Saving Our Archives
- Water Shutdown on May 2
- Join us for “Beyond the Powder: The First Women’s Cross Country Air Race” on May 2nd
- New Exhibits highlight Original Artifacts & More
- Dr. Joshua Martin: Pioneer Physician of the Miami Valley
- Wright State Yearbooks & More Now Online
- Celebrate Preservation Week and Pass It On!
- Tom Hanks & David McCullough visit the Archives
- Raoul Lufbery and the Escadrille Lafayette
- National Volunteer Month