On November 15, the 1st OVI moved through Elizabethtown, to Camp Nevin, Kentucky arriving on November 16. Upon arrival, the 1st OVI was assigned to the Second Division, Army of the Cumberland, under the command of General A. M. McCook. The 1st OVI was brigaded with the 1st Kentucky (Louisville Legion), the 6th Indiana, the 1st Battalion of the 15th U.S. Infantry, and battalions of the 16th and 19th U.S. Infantry, forming the 4th Brigade of the Second Division.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
- Join us October 25th: Maiden Flight Lecture, The Wright Romance
- New novel Maiden Flight celebrates the “Wright sister”
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on Oct. 5th!
- Sarah Byrn Rickman to speak about WASPs on Oct 3
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- David McCullough in new video ‘applauds’ efforts to save Wright factory
- Sept. 12: Upcoming Talk on Pulitzer Air Races, American Aviation and Speed Supremacy, 1920-1925
- Archives receives PROPS Award from NAHA
- Save the Date: Wright Brothers Aero Carnival, Sept. 10, 2016