On November 15, the 1st OVI moved through Elizabethtown, to Camp Nevin, Kentucky arriving on November 16. Upon arrival, the 1st OVI was assigned to the Second Division, Army of the Cumberland, under the command of General A. M. McCook. The 1st OVI was brigaded with the 1st Kentucky (Louisville Legion), the 6th Indiana, the 1st Battalion of the 15th U.S. Infantry, and battalions of the 16th and 19th U.S. Infantry, forming the 4th Brigade of the Second Division.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours