On May 27th, 1862, Robert Patterson, with the 61st OVI, left Camp Chase for the field in Western Virginia. They joined General Fremont’s army at Strasburg, Virginia on June 23rd. From there, Fremont’s army crossed the Blue Ridge Mountains to Sperryville, Virginia.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fred Marshall World War I Digitization Project Completed
- Lest We Forget Project Videos, documenting History of Developmental Disabilities, Now Online
- WRIGHTSTOCK: The Festival of Life
- May Day! Saving Our Archives
- Water Shutdown on May 2
- Join us for “Beyond the Powder: The First Women’s Cross Country Air Race” on May 2nd
- New Exhibits highlight Original Artifacts & More
- Dr. Joshua Martin: Pioneer Physician of the Miami Valley
- Wright State Yearbooks & More Now Online
- Celebrate Preservation Week and Pass It On!