On May 27th, 1862, Robert Patterson, with the 61st OVI, left Camp Chase for the field in Western Virginia. They joined General Fremont’s army at Strasburg, Virginia on June 23rd. From there, Fremont’s army crossed the Blue Ridge Mountains to Sperryville, Virginia.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17
- McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” chosen for Big Read
- New Exhibit: Presidential Visits to the Miami Valley
- Harry Haskell delights crowd with Maiden Flight lecture
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
- Join us October 25th: Maiden Flight Lecture, The Wright Romance
- New novel Maiden Flight celebrates the “Wright sister”