The 1st OVI arrived at Boiling Fork, Tennessee on July 7, 1862. On July 14, the regiment traveled by rail car to Tullahoma, Tennessee to repel an anticipated attack against that city. When no attack appeared, the regiment returned to Cowan Station, Tennessee on July 18 where it remained until late August 1862.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on Oct. 5th!
- Sarah Byrn Rickman to speak about WASPs on Oct 3
- David McCullough in new video ‘applauds’ efforts to save Wright factory
- Sept. 12: Upcoming Talk on Pulitzer Air Races, American Aviation and Speed Supremacy, 1920-1925
- Archives receives PROPS Award from NAHA
- Save the Date: Wright Brothers Aero Carnival, Sept. 10, 2016
- Lorenz Publishing Company’s Female Editor
- Dan Patterson to speak at Huffman Prairie Aviation History Society, Aug. 1
- In Memoriam: Dr. Lewis K. Shupe
- We’re hiring! Archivist/Reference and Outreach