Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
Daily Archives: December 17, 2013
On December 17, 1863, Robert Patterson wrote a letter to his mother while visiting his brother, William, in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This is Robert’s first letter since participating in the battle for Mission Ridge. Robert reports that he has just returned … Continue reading
On December 17, 1903, the Wright Brothers made their famous flight at at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina (view photos on CORE Scholar). That was 110 years ago today. Now we’d like to share with you some details from the 10th … Continue reading