Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
Monthly Archives: June 2014
On June 28, 1864, John H. Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from Fort Marshall, Baltimore, MD. In the letter he briefly describes his duties as a clerk in the Quartermaster Department. He likes the work and believes … Continue reading
On June 28, 1864, William Patterson reports to his mother that he is now in a Field Hospital near Big Shanty, Georgia, with what he calls “lumbago.” During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, the IV Corps assaulted the center of … Continue reading