In this July 13, 1864 letter from William Patterson to his mother, William reports that he is getting better fast in the Nashville Officers Hospital and will likely be sent back to the front. Because of his improvement, he doubts that he can receive a leave of absence to come home. The rest of the letter discusses his concern about sending $550 home and not hearing whether his mother had received it and how to send letters to him at the hospital.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Memorial Day Closing
- Archives Interview on WYSO Sunday, May 24
- Laura Bischoff to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on May 29
- Special Collections and Dayton Metro Library Partner to Create Wright Brothers Newspapers Digital Archive
- New Digital Collections Available: WWI, Aircraft, Guardian, & More