Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
Monthly Archives: July 2014
On July 26, 1864, John H. Patterson wrote a letter to his mother reporting on recent events including a trip to see a captured Confederate Cigar Steamer, fishing for crabs, and recent reports of Confederate forces near Harpers Ferry. The Confederate Cigar … Continue reading
In this July 24, 1864 letter to his mother, William Patterson reports that he has moved to a boarding housed in Nashville and has been detailed to a General Court Martial board. The letter notes that he will likely remain in … Continue reading