Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
- Join us October 25th: Maiden Flight Lecture, The Wright Romance
- New novel Maiden Flight celebrates the “Wright sister”
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on Oct. 5th!
- Sarah Byrn Rickman to speak about WASPs on Oct 3
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- David McCullough in new video ‘applauds’ efforts to save Wright factory
- Sept. 12: Upcoming Talk on Pulitzer Air Races, American Aviation and Speed Supremacy, 1920-1925
- Archives receives PROPS Award from NAHA
- Save the Date: Wright Brothers Aero Carnival, Sept. 10, 2016
The next meeting of the Huffman Prairie Aviation History Society will take place on Monday, September 12, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. All are welcome!
At this month’s meeting, Michael Gough will speak about the Pulitzer Air Races, American Aviation and Speed Supremacy, 1920-1925 (view PDF flyer).
The meeting and presentation will take place at the Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center at 2380 Memorial Road (intersection of State Route 444 and Kauffman Road), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. There is ample free parking, and light refreshments will be provided.
You can view the upcoming schedule of meetings and speakers anytime at : http://www.libraries.wright.edu/community/outofthebox/events/huffman-prairie-aviation-history-society/.
Special Collections and Archives was recognized by the National Aviation Heritage Alliance (NAHA) with the PROPS Award at their Annual Meeting on Tuesday, August 23.
The PROPS (Partner Recognition of Phenomenal Support) Award goes to a NAHA partner for outstanding support of one or more NAHA partners.
Special Collections and Archives received the award for providing historical resources to NAHA partners and others, including David McCullough, who made extensive use of the archives’ Wright Brothers Collection in researching his best-selling book The Wright Brothers. The book has increased visitation to the Heritage Area.
The WSU Archives supports NAHA partners by providing research, images, films, and exhibits for a wide variety of aviation heritage projects.
Here is a link to the NAHA announcement with a description of the award: https://www.aviationheritagearea.org/naha-awards-partners-volunteers/