The next meeting of the Huffman Prairie Aviation History Society will take place this coming Monday, August 4, 2014, at 7:00 p.m.
At this month’s meeting, Don Willis will present “To the Moon and Back” (view PDF flyer).
The meeting and presentation will take place at the Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center at 2380 Memorial Road (intersection of State Route 444 and Kauffman Road), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. There is ample free parking, and light refreshments will be provided.
You can view the upcoming schedule of meetings and speakers anytime at : http://www.libraries.wright.edu/community/outofthebox/events/huffman-prairie-aviation-history-society/.
We have new manuscript collections available for research! Click on the links to view the complete online (PDF) finding aids.
The following new collections were recently arranged and described and are now available for research:
- Lovetta R. Blanke Collection (MS-472)
- Wayne Pittman Aviation Postcard Collection (MS-487)
- H. Allen Sullivan Air Force Aviation Scrapbook (MS-488)
- Homer and Elsie Hardy Collection (MS-489)
- Ivan & the Sabers / The Lemon Piper Collection (MS-490)
- Army Air Corps Recruitment Booklets (SC-294)
Additional materials were recently processed into the following existing collections, so you might want to take another look at them:
- Sertoma Club of Dayton Records (MS-106): minutes, bulletins, newsletters, and correspondence
- Friday Afternoon Club Records (MS-290): Additions to minutes and abstracts, clippings, photographs, and certificates
- Air Force Association, Wright Memorial Chapter, Records (MS-351): approximately 4 linear feet of additions to Administrative, Community Activities, Publications, and Photographs series
- St. Anne’s Hill Historic Society Collection (MS-400): 7 linear feet of additions, primarily administrative & news clippings
- Inland Children’s Chorus (MS-432): 0.5 linear feet of additions
New and improved finding aids are now available for:
- United Spanish War Veterans, Post 8 Records (MS-13)
- Grand Army of the Republic, Post 41 Records (MS-14)
- Minster Loan and Savings Company Records (MS-15)
- West Liberty Wheel Company (MS-16): additions to historical note
- Logan County Agricultural Society Records (MS-18): historical note added
- Logan County Business Records (MS-21)
- Alice Griffith Carr Papers (MS-135): revised collection span dates
- Dayton-Wright Airplane Company Photographs (MS-152)
- Dayton Philharmonic Women’s Organization Records (MS-183)
- Richard Fullerton/ Jane Reece Collection (MS-185)
- Rike’s Historical Collection (MS-189)
- George Watson Family Papers (MS-191)
- Andrew S. Iddings Wright Brothers Homecoming Collection (MS-192)
- Charles Harris Papers (MS-194)
- Dayton City Beautiful Council Records (MS-195)
- Greater Springfield and Clark County Association (MS-197)
- Adam Schantz, Sr., Estate Records (MS-200)
- Dayton Electric Railway Historical Collection (MS-209)
- Kenneth J. Crim Papers (MS-211)
- Ringelblum Collection of Oral History Memoirs of the Holocaust Records (MS-215)
- William C. Lambert Papers (MS-221)
- Patterson Family Papers (MS-236)
Posted in SC&A
Tagged MS-106, MS-13, MS-135, MS-14, MS-15, MS-152, MS-16, MS-18, MS-183, MS-185, MS-189, MS-191, MS-192, MS-194, MS-195, MS-197, MS-200, MS-209, MS-21, MS-211, MS-215, MS-236, MS-290, MS-351, MS-400, MS-432, MS-472, MS-487, MS-488, MS-489, MS-490, SC-294
This gallery contains 7 photos.
So our University Archivist, Chris Wydman, received a phone call a few months back in which the caller, a Wright State grad from the early 1970s, assured him that John Lennon had visited Wright State’s campus in the late 1960s, … Continue reading