Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
Tag Archives: Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry
On December 15, 1861, Robert wrote his father from a camp in Rolla, Missouri. In the letter, Robert writes about being extremely sick — almost to the point of death, as well as commenting on regimental politics. (Transcript of Robert’s … Continue reading
Among the letters of Robert Patterson is a P.S. that is not attached to any letter. It was written on November 25, 1861 at Rolla Missouri. In the P.S., Robert observes that he “cant for life of me see what … Continue reading
On November 8, 1861, Jefferson Patterson wrote his son, Robert, a letter where he comments on local election results and a variety of military events. The letter is very revealing as to his views of the South (“Mr. Secesh & Co.”). Jefferson, himself, … Continue reading