Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17
- McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” chosen for Big Read
- New Exhibit: Presidential Visits to the Miami Valley
- Harry Haskell delights crowd with Maiden Flight lecture
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
Tag Archives: Benton Cadets
On January 8, 1862, Robert Patterson was mustered out of the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry at Rolla, Missouri.
On December 24, 1861, Jefferson Patterson wrote his son Robert a letter in response to the December 15 letter he received from Robert. In the letter he comments on some of the news of the day and provides advice on how … Continue reading
On December 21, 1861, Robert sent a letter to his father from Rolla, Missouri. In the letter he reported another bout of sickness, promotion to 2nd Lieutenant, and personnel changes in his regiment. (Transcript of Robert’s letter to his father, December 21, … Continue reading