Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17
- McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” chosen for Big Read
- New Exhibit: Presidential Visits to the Miami Valley
- Harry Haskell delights crowd with Maiden Flight lecture
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
Tag Archives: Dayton Ohio
By Sarah Allison, archives student worker & Public History graduate student The Lorenz Publishing Company has been a Dayton staple since its creation in 1890 by the founder, E.S. Lorenz. The idea for his own publishing company came in 1889 … Continue reading
Today we received a donation of this 1927 Delco Light Frigidaire Convention badge with attached ribbon: The donor stated that the badge belonged to her father-in-law, H. H. McLellan, who sold Delco Light plants in Nebraska. She said it was probably … Continue reading
Twenty years ago this month, a conference was held at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio, to facilitate peace between Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia, and end the Bosnian War. An agreement, often referred to as the Dayton Peace Accords, was reached … Continue reading