Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
- Now Available for Research: Judith Ezekiel “Feminism in the Heartland” Research Collection (MS-507)
- Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Archives Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day
- Hal McCoy to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on November 17
- McCullough’s “The Wright Brothers” chosen for Big Read
- New Exhibit: Presidential Visits to the Miami Valley
- Harry Haskell delights crowd with Maiden Flight lecture
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
Tag Archives: first flight
For the past few weeks, the Wright Brothers’ First Flight Photograph has been competing in the Ohio History Connection’s third annual Ohio Memory Madness tournament – a bracket of sixty-four historical events from across the state all that competed for the unique … Continue reading
The Ohio History Connection’s Ohio Memory Madness Kicks Off Tuesday, March 17 In the spirit and fun of college basketball’s March Madness, the Ohio History Connection and Wright State University Libraries, Special Collections & Archives, invite you to participate in … Continue reading
You’re probably already familiar with the following photograph… Arguably one of the most famous photographs in the world, the above photo is widely recognizable as “the” First Flight photograph. Its silhouette has even become the logo of Wright State University … Continue reading