Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join us TONIGHT for Ghost Stories from the Archives!
- Join us October 25th: Maiden Flight Lecture, The Wright Romance
- New novel Maiden Flight celebrates the “Wright sister”
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on Oct. 5th!
- Sarah Byrn Rickman to speak about WASPs on Oct 3
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- David McCullough in new video ‘applauds’ efforts to save Wright factory
- Sept. 12: Upcoming Talk on Pulitzer Air Races, American Aviation and Speed Supremacy, 1920-1925
- Archives receives PROPS Award from NAHA
- Save the Date: Wright Brothers Aero Carnival, Sept. 10, 2016
Tag Archives: Margaret Smell
Margaret Smell “Oh! what a sad, sad sight met our eyes on Wednesday morning [March 26] when daylight appeared with the mad water almost touching the floor of the second story of the house we were lodged in, with all … Continue reading
Margaret Smell “Tuesday [March 25] morning between 5 and 6 o’clock we were awakened from our slumbers by the shrieking of whistles, the like of which we never heard. Before we could dress ourselves and reach the window the flood … Continue reading
The 1913 Flood is widely cited as one of the most significant and defining events in Dayton’s history, and this month marks the centennial anniversary of that terrible disaster. The “Great Flood” affected thousands of people (and animals) throughout the … Continue reading