Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: New Book!
- A Night of Dayton Hockey History: Ice Stories with Chuck Gabringer
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
Tag Archives: OVI
On June 22, 1864, William Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from a camp near Marisville, Georgia. In the letter, William reports that he has been off duty for 10 days due to a bout of “lumbago” (Note: … Continue reading
On June 7, 1863, William Patterson wrote his mother a letter from Tennessee. In the letter he reports some good news. On May 29, he received his commisson as a Captain and will likely be reassigned to Company H. However, he will not mustered into … Continue reading