Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: New Book!
- A Night of Dayton Hockey History: Ice Stories with Chuck Gabringer
- Archives Closed Monday, January 16
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research
- What Were You Doing on the Day of the First Flight?
- Workshop Announcement-Bringing History Home: Educational Outreach Using Local Government Records, January 18, 2017
- Winter Break Closure, Dec. 23-Jan. 2
- Student Volunteers in the Stacks
- Did You Know John Glenn Visited Wright State University?
- 75 Years Ago Today: Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941
Tag Archives: Wright 1903 Flyer
Press Release via NARA Archives.gov March 24, 2016 National Archives Honors Wright Brothers with Upcoming Special Display Display celebrates 110th anniversary of awarding of the patent for a Flying-Machine Washington, DC.– The National Archives Museum celebrates the 110th anniversary of … Continue reading
As a special treat in honor of the First Flight Photo’s “good run” in the Ohio Memory Madness competition, for a few days only, we have First Flight Photographs (yes there’s more than one—print, that is!) and a piece of … Continue reading
Upon creating Carillon Park in the early 1940s, Colonel Edward Deeds wished to reconstruct the original Wright Brothers’ 1905 Flyer in one of the park’s buildings. As Orville and Wilbur Wright had never produced a complete set of drawings or … Continue reading