New from ebrary, a subscription database on food science. According to the press release, “With more than 110 current and essential reference works, handbooks, manuals, and e-books from the industry’s top publishers such as CRC Press, Elsevier, Marcel Dekker, and Woodhead Publishing, the subscription database covers such topics as food manufacturing and processing, safety, quality assurance, nutrition, ingredients, storage and preservation, and government regulations. To preview the selection visit http://site.ebrary.com/lib/foodscience.
Sample titles include the following:
• Bioterrorism and Food Safety, by Steven Strauss (CRC Press, 2004) Preview it: http://tiny.cc/fs1
• CRC Desk Reference for Nutrition (2nd Edition), by Carolyn D. Berdanier (CRC Press LLC, 2005) Preview it: http://tiny.cc/fs2
• Food Fears: From Industrial to Sustainable Food Systems, by Alison Blay-Palmer (Ashgate Publishing, Limited, 2008) Preview it: http://tiny.cc/fs3
• Food Fray: Inside the Controversy over Genetically Modified Food, by Lisa H. Weasel (AMACOM, 2008) Preview it: http://tiny.cc/fs4
• Food Process Engineering and Technology, by Zeki Berk (Academic Press, 2008) Preview it: http://tiny.cc/fs5