Results of CIBER study on library finances, presented by Mark Kendall of YBP and Christopher Warnock of ebrary.
These notes were done on the fly, forgive any typos.
- 589 responses
- 71% academic libraries responded – most in north america (was Mexico in the NA grouping?), 55% USA
- 87% members of consortium
- 420 responses
- libraries with budgets of less than 2 million were majority of respondents
- budget reductions of 20% or more in most north american libraries
- 40% believe this will be stable over the next year
- non north american libraries were a bit more optimistic about budgets
- 40-44% feel budgets will stand still (but they are not counting inflation as a factor) Continue reading