From an EBL press release:
ImageEBL’s new patron interface is now ready for it’s final stages of testing. We’ve created a preview account where we encourage customers to login, test the new interface, and email all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org . The interface will be going live December 15th, 2009.
As well as a fresh, clean, brand new look, you’ll notice that the new EBL Patron Interface also has the following new features:
- * Bookshelf: access current loans, collections, and recently accessed titles from a centralized location.
- * Collections: add and organise titles in “My Collections”.
- * Bookmarks: access and export patron ebook notes without having to enter the ebook itself, and bookmark ebooks at page level.
- * Search Result Filtering: filter down search results at the click of a button, by Publication Date, Publisher, Category or Language.
- * Metadata Hyperlinking: link to similar titles in the EBL catalog using LCCH, Dewey, LCCN, Author or Category hyperlinking.
As this is a beta testing period, please keep in mind you may notice further enhancements, fixes and tweaks to the interface while testing is in progress. Also, during this testing period, we’ve disabled the “Help/Feedback” function while we finalise functionality and assess just how intuitive the patron experience is.
Test access details for the EBL New Patron Interface test account are as follows:
Please contact Drew Watson – email@example.com with any questions or for more information.