21st Century Explorer, a new product from Britannica, is a resource for high school students with low reading levels or specific learning problems. It is designed to provide resources (dictionaries, atlases, time lines, encyclopedias), news, videos, and more to assist with student assignments. 21st-Century Explorer is also ideal for reluctant readers, English Language Learners (ELL), English as a Second Language (ESL) students and adult-literacy students.
21st Century Explorer is divided into two levels. Level 1 provides easy-to-read encyclopedia articles on school subjects. Students progress to Level 2 as they build their vocabularies, improve their reading abilities, and develop research skills.
Some of the features of 21st Century Explorer are:
- Britannica’s “Read Aloud” text-to-speech feature, in which students can select passages from articles to hear them read aloud.
- Engaging videos that teach school subjects and introduce students to new people, places and ideas.
- Learning games and activities that promote skills in language arts, math, science and social studies
- Interactive games to practice and test on what they’ve learned in the classroom
- Headlines from Student News Net, Britannica’s award-winning current-events site, which presents the issues and events of the day in a stimulating format that students enjoy.
- Teacher resources, including training materials, learning materials and newsletters correlated to curriculum standards.
For more information visit http://info.eb.com/