Safari Books Online has further optimized it’s content for mobile devices. Notes, tags, and save to custom folders options are now accessible from any mobile device that supports 320×480 screen resolution. Sharing (even with non subscribers), enhanced categories, and use analytics are also new. More information is available from Business Wire. Hat tip to Resource Shelf.
SEBASTOPOL, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com), the leading on-demand digital library for technology, digital media and business professionals, today achieved another milestone in its mobile device strategy – the seamless extension of its popular portal features to mobile devices. Subscribers on the go can now enjoy such popular features as creating notes, tagging and saving content in custom folders.
“Here at Safari Books Online, we continue to invest in our technology to keep up with new mobile devices and the needs of our growing numbers of international users”
In addition, Safari Books Online has rolled out a series of new features including: “Share This” to let users grant access to specific book titles to colleagues and non-subscribers; usage analytics Reporting Dashboard to let corporate training personnel optimize their subscriptions for content and tools that are most in demand; and a user-friendly Content Categorization system to let subscribers find topics of interest more easily.
Safari Books Online’s new feature enhancements include:
- Seamless Mobile User Interface: All the power of Safari Books Online, now further optimized for mobile devices. The popular features of Safari Books Online – notes, tagging, and the ability to save the content in custom folders – are now accessible from any mobile device that supports 320×480 screen resolution and the following operating systems and browsers:
- Palm Pre (all models)
- iPhone (all models)
- All Android devices running Android OS 2.1+
- All Blackberry devices running Blackberry OS 5.0+
- Opera Mini browser 5.1
- Internet Explorer Mobile (Windows Mobile 6+)
- Share This feature: Enjoy all that Safari Books Online has to offer – and share it with friends and colleagues. Provide access to book pages, even to non-subscribers.
- Enhanced Categorization: Find what you need with more intuitive search and content groupings that now include product names, vendor names and topic-related search terms.
- Usage Analytics & Reporting Dashboard: Corporate training administrators can now analyze popular search terms and their most frequently accessed content, and generate reports on the efficiency and effectiveness of their library.
“Here at Safari Books Online, we continue to invest in our technology to keep up with new mobile devices and the needs of our growing numbers of international users,” said Paige Mazzoni, vice president of marketing, Safari Books Online. “For example, as part of our mobile strategy we recognize that more people are now reading and working on netbooks, iPads and smartphones, so we are providing the same rich set of content and tools that our Web portal offers and making it work through our anywhere, anytime mobile Website. And for our corporate customers, we are giving them tools to optimize usage and measure their return on investment with real time information.
About Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com) is an on-demand digital library that delivers expert content in both book and video form from the world’s leading authors in technology and business. Technology professionals, software developers, Web designers, and business and creative professionals use Safari Books Online as their primary resource for research, problem solving, learning and certification training. Safari Books Online offers a range of product mixes and pricing programs for organizations, government agencies and individuals. Subscribers have access to thousands of books, training videos and prepublication manuscripts in one fully searchable database from publishers like Cisco Press, Prentice Hall Professional, O’Reilly Media, Addison Wesley Professional, Microsoft Press, Sams, Que, Peachpit Press, John Wiley & Sons, Elsevier, IBM Press, Adobe Press, Sun Microsystems Press, FT Press, Wharton School Publishing, Apress, Manning, New Riders, Apple Certified, Course Technology, Splash Media and dozens more. For more information about Safari Books Online, please visit us online.