This was announced on June 8th, but I’ve just received the press release. ebrary now has 210 titles available in a corporate computing subscription database.
More from the press release: ebrary®, a leading provider of e-books and research technology to libraries worldwide, today announced the availability of its new Corporate Computing subscription database. The growing collection features over 210 titles in Certification & Compliance, Databases, Software Engineering, Internet & Web Development, and other subject areas from Wiley (including Wrox, Sybex, and Dummies); Elsevier (including Syngress and Morgan Kaufmann); Taylor & Francis (including Auerbach and CRC Press), and other leading publishers. The selection, which is also available for purchase, may be previewed by visiting http://corptitles.ebrary.com and clicking on “Corporate Computing.”
Corporations may supplement their subscription by purchasing individual e-books in IT-related fields including Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Computer Science, Computers & IT, Information Technology, Programming, and Software from leading publishers including Apress, Artech House, Auerbach, Morgan Kaufmann, Packt, Springer, Sybex, Syngress, and Wrox. Many titles are also available under ebrary’s Patron Driven Acquisition model for “just in time” access. The company’s Computer Hardware content may be previewed at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/computerhardware, and Computer Software content may be previewed at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/computersoftware.
Featured e-books include the following:
- Professional Visual Basic 2010 and .NET 4.0, by Billy Hollis, Kent Sharkey, and Bill Shelden (Wrox, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10399070.
- Beyond the Usability Lab: Conducting Large-Scale User Experience Studies, by Bill Albert, Tom Tullis, and Donna Tedesco (Morgan Kaufmann, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10378820.
- Data Protection for Virtual Data Centers, by Jason Buffington (Wiley, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10411475.
- Kimball Group Reader: Relentlessly Practical Tools for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, by Ralph Kimball, Margy Ross, and Warren Thornthwaite (Wiley, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10369792.
- Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, by Jeremy Moskowitz (Sybex, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10387085.
- Excel VBA Programming For Dummies (2nd Edition), by John Walkenbach (For Dummies, 2010). Preview this title at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/corptitles/docDetail.action?docID=10385867.
All ebrary products include rich features and functionality that help employees conduct research easily and effectively, including:
- Available any time through any web-enabled device including the iPad.
- ebrary InfoTools™, which turns every word into a portal to additional information on the web.
- Notes and highlights that are automatically stored on a personal bookshelf.
- Ability to copy/paste and print text with automatic citations and URL hyperlinks back to the source.
- Personal bookshelves with moveable folders that can be shared with others.
- Multiple options for searching, navigating, and browsing.
- ADA 508c compliant content, text-to-speech, and other accessibility features.
- Free on-demand MARC records.
- Granular COUNTER-compliant usage reports.
- 24/7 web-based training with a real person.
About ebrary (www.ebrary.com)