From an OCLC Press Release:
OCLC has signed agreements with leading publishers and other content providers from around the world to add more databases and collections to WorldCat Local, the OCLC discovery service that offers users integrated access to more than 800 million items in libraries worldwide.
Libraries using WorldCat Local can offer users access to 1,400 databases and collections, and more than 500 million articles.
OCLC recently signed agreements with publishers to make more content available through WorldCat Local, including:
- Annual Reviews: The U.S.-based Annual Reviews will add its highly cited critical review journals in disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical & Social Sciences and Economics fields.
- ASABE: The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers is an international scientific and educational organization furthering the advancement of engineering in agricultural, food, and biological systems. ASABE will make its publications available via its online Technical Library.
- Berkeley Electronic Press: ResearchNow, published by Berkeley Electronic Press, comprises peer-reviewed academic journals in Economics, Law, Statistics, Medicine and the Humanities.
- Gale: Gale is a leading U.S. educational publisher for libraries, schools and businesses. Seven additional databases will be added to those already accessible through WorldCat Local, including Business & Company Resource Center; Literature Criticism Online; Beacham’s Guide to the Endangered Species of North America; Biography and Genealogy Master Index; Gale Virtual Reference Library; National Newspaper Index and Twayne’s Authors Series.
- Genealogy Today: Genealogy Today is a U.S. publisher of genealogy data, family tree history and ancestry-related information services. The Genealogy Today database and Archive Catalog will be added to WorldCat Local.
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology: The British IET provides a range of leading publications and information services in the areas of engineering and technology. IET will add access to books, journals and the INSPEC database to WorldCat Local.
- Karger: The Swiss S. Karger AG is a renowned medical and scientific publishing house, making its large books and journals program available through WorldCat Local.
- M.E. Sharpe: M.E. Sharpe is a privately held U.S. publisher of books and journals in the social sciences and humanities, including titles in economics, political science, management, literature, and history. M.E. Sharpe is making Sharpe Online books and journals available.
- Modern Language Association: The MLA is an international membership organization dedicated to the study and teaching of language and literature. The MLA will be adding its highly regarded MLA International Bibliography to WorldCat Local, providing a subject index for books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore and linguistics.
- National Institute of Justice: The National Institute of Justice is the research, development and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice. NIJ produces print and electronic publications, tools, and training materials about crime and justice. National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts will be added to WorldCat Local.
- Oxford University Press: Oxford University Press is the world’s largest university press and publishes in all academic fields, from multiple offices around the world. Five additional databases from the Oxford University Press will be accessible through WorldCat Local, including Oxford Music Online (including Grove Music), Oxford Art Online (including Grove Art), Oxford Reference Online, American Dictionary of National Biography and Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
WorldCat Local provides access to books, journals and databases from a variety of publishers and information providers from around the world; the digital collections of groups like HathiTrust, OAIster and Google Books; open access materials; and the collective resources of libraries worldwide through WorldCat.
OCLC continues to negotiate access to critical library content on behalf of the cooperative to ensure access to libraries’ most popular resources. To view a list of 1,400 databases and collections from these and other publishers available through WorldCat Local, visit the website.
For more information, visit the WorldCat Local website.