Libraries Thriving is a Collaborative Space for e-Resource Innovation and Information Literacy Promotion. Thinking and doing. I had the chance to speak with Laura Warren, Solutions Associate for Credo Reference (a supporter of Libraries Thriving) about the program. Our interview is now available on the NSR interviews page.
Here is more information about Libraries Thriving:
With low usage and shrinking budgets, libraries are challenged to justify resource investments now more than ever. At the same time, information users are ill prepared to navigate the amount and quality of content on the web. This creates a tremendous opportunity for libraries to show that they are well equipped to help users navigate information resources and for users to benefit from this guidance.
Libraries Thriving is an online collaborative community designed to tackle this opportunity. Librarians, faculty, and researchers are sharing ideas and working together on this site to further common goals of increasing innovative use of e-resources.
Goals of Libraries Thriving:
- Help libraries realize their possibility for impact and to address challenges
- Develop case studies of success that can be replicated
- Resolve key technical issues that limit progress
Problems that Libraries Thriving addresses:
- Increase effective use of e-resources
- Increase visibility and discoverability of libraries on the open web
- Help alleviate users’ information overload
- Create seamless access between resources
- Promote information and digital literacy