Oxford has another publishing partner for University Press Scholarship Online. Yale University Press will launch Yale Scholarship Online. More from the OUP Press Release:
NEW YORK, February 26, 2013—Yale University Press is pleased to announce it will partner with Oxford University Press to launch Yale Scholarship Online on OUP’s University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform to take advantage of a fully enabled XML environment with cutting-edge search and discovery functionality.
“Yale is very pleased to partner with Oxford, joining their breadth and depth of titles within an innovative digital resource,” said John Donatich, director of Yale University Press. “We look forward to serving our community of libraries, scholars and readers together.”
Responding to increased demand for online scholarly content, UPSO streamlines the research process by making disparately published monographs easily accessible, highly discoverable and fully cross-searchable via one online platform. Research that previously would have required users to jump between a variety of books and disconnected websites can now be concentrated through a single search engine.
UPSO’s mission is to create an individually-branded home for monographs from each participating university press just as it has done for Oxford Scholarship Online while allowing highly intuitive tools to deep search across all the content in the program. As such, UPSO will be the premier online research tool—for scholars, teachers, graduate and undergraduate students—and an essential resource for all academic libraries.
Benefits of UPSO for academics, libraries, and partner presses:
- Provides the highest quality scholarly content across 24 subject areas
- Includes a vast and growing number of titles (11,000+ to date), all with abstracts and keywords at both the book and chapter level for each title
- All UPSO content is available in XML, which provides deep tagging and better search results. Content can also be saved and downloaded to PDF
- Content is fully cross-referenced and cross-searchable, with clickable citations from bibliographies and footnotes, including OpenURL and DOI-linking support
- Allows users to streamline research through a single online platform
- Can be easily integrated into library systems and updated frequently with new content
- Offers full customer support services as well as flexibility and choice in purchasing models
- Fully mobile optimized for use on smartphones and tablets
- Increases discoverability and usage of university press scholarly materials
“Yale University Press’s publishing program runs the gamut from high-level scholarly works on Soviet history to international bestsellers like Gombrich’s short history of the world or Ahmed Rashid’s influential work on the Taliban,” said Niko Pfund, President of Oxford University Press USA. “Yale’s catalogue never fails to intrigue, and we are very pleased to be able to offer their fine publications on the UPSO platform.”
For more information about UPSO, partner presses, platform functionality, and discoverability features, please contact:
Purdy Brenda King
Director of Publicity Publicity Director
Oxford University Press USA Yale University Press