ebrary will be launching a new and improved ebrary reader in the next few months. Many of the new features are listed below (and also available in a ppt). As a result of the new reader, ebrary will be retiring the dedicated mobile app on August 4th. The new ereader is designed with laptop and tablet use in mind, tablets using the Bluefire app as access point (which has already been available for some time).
New features of Reader:
- Clearer user permissions & information on ebooks for patrons
- Intuitive navigation to find popular features faster
- Higher text quality & display options for better readability
- Focus on streamlining key tasks:
Copy, print, download, in-book search
- Enhanced support for accessibility needs (Q4)