According to an ebrary press release, they have launched their new QuickView. QuickView “enables end-users to instantly view documents in many of the leading web browsers and even works on the iPhone. No software downloads or installations are needed.” Groovy. QuickView will not replace the existing Java Based Reader, it is offered in conjunction.
ebrary’s key features of QuickView:
- Instant viewing and page flipping in a web browser
- Relevancy ranking at the chapter level with links to specific sections
- Navigate to search terms or specified pages
- Search within documents for key words
- View and navigate to highlights and notes created using an ebrary Reader
- Multiple view magnifications
I’ll check this out at Charleston this week and give it a whirl on the iPhone. Anxious to see how legible that will be!