Food and Drink Policy
The Paul Laurence Dunbar Library's Food and Drink Policy is designed to maintain a clean and welcoming environment for all users and to encourage personal responsibility and respect for library materials, furnishings, and equipment.
Food and drink are allowed in the library according to the following guidelines:
- All beverages must have lids. Disposable cups and lids are available at the library service desks.
- Deposit all recyclable food and drink packaging in recycling bins located throughout the library.
- Deposit all non-recyclable food and drink packaging in trash bins located throughout the library.
- Carry out or properly dispose of all food, drink, dishes, silverware, etc. that you bring into the library.
- Use cleaning supplies, available at all library service desks, to clean any up spills, crumbs, etc.
- Report any accidental spills to library staff as soon as possible.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the Presentation Practice Room and in Special Collections & Archives.
- Food is also prohibited at all computer workstations and in the STAC (Student Technology Assistance Center).
- Food deliveries (pizza, etc.) are not permitted.
- Plan ahead and prepare: When possible, plan to eat meals before coming to the library. If you carry in snacks or drinks, avoid messy foods that may damage library materials and facilities. Bring drinks in covered containers and be careful to avoid spills.
- Dispose of waste properly: Make sure to place recyclable items in recycling bins and non-recyclable items in trash bins.
- Leave what you find: Leave library resources, furnishings, and equipment in the same or better condition as you found them.
- Be considerate of other visitors: Respect your fellow library users and the next generation of library users.