Before September 7, 1949
- Ohio county probate courts have kept marriage records from the date of the county’s formation.
- There is no statewide index to marriage records before September 7, 1949.
- Special Collections and Archives has the following marriage records:
- Auglaize County: 1848-1921
- Marriage Consent Records: 1906-1926
- Champaign County: 1805-1864
- Clark County: 1818-1946
- Darke County: 1817-1911
- Greene County: 1803-1870
- Mercer County: 1824-1984
- Marriage Consent Records: 1829-1928
- Montgomery County: 1803-1915
- If Special Collections and Archives does not hold a county's marriage record, please contact the
After September 7, 1949
- To obtain a copy of a marriage record after September 7, 1949, contact the probate court of
where the marriage occurred.
- The Ohio Department of Health maintains a statewide index to marriage records for all Ohio counties
from September 7, 1949 to the present. Please contact the Ohio Department of Health.