The second floor of Dunbar Library houses several pieces of adaptive technology that may be helpful for individuals with visual impairments or learning disabilities. This equipment is available to all users, but priority is given to Wright State University students.
- Large Screen Monitor with ZOOMtext
- Merlin CCTV
- Portable magnifier
- Portable enlarger
Additional ADA equipment is available at the Information Desk for use on the second floor, including:
- Natural Elite Keyboard (Microsoft) with accessory Keyboard Overlays
- HeadMouse Extreme (Origin Instruments) with accessory Target Dots
- Sip/Puff Switch (Origin Instruments) with accessory Mouth Tubes
- JellyBean Switch (AbleNet, Inc.)
- Expert Mouse Pro (Kensington)
There are two workstations with WYNN adaptive software and scanners on the second floor of Dunbar Library. Patrons with disabilities get first priority on these machines. If you use the reading feature of WYNN, there are special headphones available from the Information Desk.
We provide basic instruction and assistance to get you started. Please plan to bring your own assistant, if you require continued support.
If the adaptive equipment that you need the Libraries to provide is not listed, please stop at any service desk for more information or contact Sheila Shellabarger, University Librarian.