Borrowing Policy for Affiliated Hospital Physicians, Faculty, Staff, and Students
This policy applies to Wright State University and OhioLINK materials only.
Requirements for Borrowing
Borrowers must be current physicians, employees, or students, of a Wright State Affiliated Hospital Library.
A valid library card and a photo ID is the preferred method of identification.
The University Libraries will accept a driver's license for identification if the information on the license can be verified by a current library record.
Children's Medical Center
Dayton Mental Health Institute
Dettmer (Upper Valley Medical Center)
Good Samaritan Hospital
Kettering Memorial Hospital
Mercy Hospital Urbana
Miami Valley Hospital
Piqua (Upper Valley Medical Center)
Springfield Regional Medical Center
Stouder (Upper Valley Medical Center)
Upper Valley Medical Center
Veteran's Affairs Medical Center
Wayne Hospital (Greenville)
Wilson Memorial Hospital
Wright Patterson Air Force Base Hospital
Registrations are processed at the Affiliated Library.
Limits on Borrowing
Affiliates are limited to a total of 50 items from all locations, including the hospital library and including up to 5 media items. Affiliates may place requests on up to 50 items including 25 OhioLINK or SearchOhio items.
- Circulating books may be borrowed for 28 days unless recalled for course reserves.
- Media materials are due in 7 days.
- OhioLINK and SearchOhio books are due in 21 days.
- SearchOhio media (not DVDs) are due in 21 days.
- OhioLINK media and SearchOhio DVDs are due in 7 days.
- Reserves, Local Hospital Library and ERC (Education Resource Center) loan periods may vary.
- Wright State Dunbar Library and Lake Campus Books:
- Circulating books may be renewed up to 2 times.
- Books which have been requested by other users may not be renewed.
- When the renewal limit has been reached, books must be returned to the library to be discharged. The current number of renewals used may be viewed by logging into My Account
- Local Hospital Library and ERC (Education Resource Center) renewals may vary.
- OhioLINK books may be renewed up to 6 times and media up to 3 times, if not needed at the owning institution.
- SearchOhio books and media may be renewed up to 3 times if not needed at the owning library.
- Most circulating media materials may be renewed one time if not needed by another user.
Books may be returned to the University Libraries, Lake Campus Library & Technology Center, the Education Resource Center or any affiliated hospital library location. Although an outside book drop is available at the Dunbar Library, non-book materials should be returned at the Circulation Desk. You may request a receipt when paying a fine.
Log into My Account to check material due dates and overdue fines.
WSU Dunbar and Lake Campus Library Books and Audio Visuals
- Fines are $.50/day beginning on the first day overdue
- Fines are replaced by a non-refundable billing fee of $50.00 on the 50th day overdue
- 31 minutes overdue: $.50
- Additional $.50/hour, no maximum
OhioLINK - Books
- Day 1-6 overdue: no fine
- Day 8-30 overdue: $3.50 + $.50/day
- additional $35.00 processing fee for invoicing
OhioLINK - Media
- $.50/day beginning on the first day overdue
- Day 30 $15 accumulated fines + $35 processing fee for invoicing
SearchOhio - Books and Media
- $.50/day for 50 days
- Day 30 $25 accumulated fines + $25 processing fee for invoicing
Most notices are sent by email. Affiliate notices are sent by the local library.
Billed, Lost or Damaged Materials
WSU Dunbar and Lake Campus Library: The minimum replacement fee for any lost or damaged book, periodical, or media item is 1) $75.00 plus a $25.00 processing fee plus fines or 2) a billing fee, if applicable.
- Processing fees are automatically added when an item is billed and are automatically removed if the book is returned in good condition.
- Fines are automatically converted to a $50.00 billing fee when an item is 50 days overdue and reduced to $25.00 if the item is returned in good condition. This fee is not refundable.
- Actual replacement costs will apply if the cost of the item is above $75.00.
OhioLINK replacement fees are $75.00 plus a $35.00 non-refundable processing fee plus fines, if any.
SearchOhio replacement fees are 25.00 plus a $25 non-refundable processing fee.
If the original item is returned after the replacement costs and processing fees have been paid, the borrower may receive some reduction of these charges. The Head of Resource Delivery Services determines whether a refund can be issued and the amount.
If a damaged item is repairable, the library will determine the cost of repair and bill accordingly.