CORE Scholar is an institutional repository sponsored by the Wright State University Libraries and managed by the Digital Services department. Watch this video and read below to learn more.
CORE Scholar includes:
- FREE open access to 20,000+ journals, data sets, scholarly articles, books, images, presentations, sound recordings, videos, oral histories, newsletters & newspapers
- Selected Works – personalized page for faculty to feature their scholarship, accomplishments, and professional activities
- Journals include peer review tools, editorial management, access control, flexible workflows & electronic submissions
- Department pages create a centralized online presence for scholarly works by Wright State faculty and students, verification of publisher standards, metadata writing and uploading works
- All the tools you need to publish books and monographs, including free download and print on demand services
- Conference & events pages include event scheduling, registration, electronic submission, peer review and acceptance notification
Why CORE Scholar?
Good for Faculty,
- Reach an international audience through search engine optimization
- Ensure your research is available for years to come with persistent URLs and migration to the most current formats
- Online access to your publications and those of your colleagues anytime, anywhere
- Open the channels of communication in your field
- Gain access to scholarly research free of charge and licensing restrictions
Good for the University,
- Expose the scholarship and unique materials held by Wright State to the world
- Provide one location for all of Wright State’s scholarly output
- Raise the profile of Wright State and its scholars
In addition to managing CORE Scholar, our Digital Services staff also offer the following Digitization Services:
- Scan photographs, slides, reports, articles, oversize materials, negatives, etc.
- Convert images to text for full-text searching
- Convert analog sound recordings to digital formats