August 30, 2019
6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The University Libraries and Computing and Telecommunications Services (CaTS) are teaming up this year to invite all current Wright State students to attend our free Game Night, Friday, August 30, 2019. Celebrate the close of the first week of class with us. Your Wright1 card will be required for entry.
Join us for:
- Pizza, soda, and snacks
- Photo booth with props
- Board games in the Group Study Room
- An escape room challenge
- Super Smash Bros
- Mario Kart
- Rock Band
- Just Dance
- Wii Tennis (Wii Sports)
- Trivia Murder Party (Jackbox)
- League of Legends
- Hearthstone Fireside Gathering
*Subject to change. Check this blog closer to the day for updates.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Computing and Telecommunications Services
- The Friends of the Libraries
- Residence Life and Housing
- Student Affairs
- Student Involvement and Leadership
- University Center for International Education
- University Libraries
Questions? Email: email@example.com.We hope to see you there!
It is going to be a very hot weekend, so if you need to get out of the heat, stop by the Dunbar Library and spend some time with us. The Dunbar Library is open to the public and guest computer accounts with access to most of our resources are available. We have a number of activities to keep you cool:
- Read a book – 800,000 to choose from – academic, fiction, children’s/YA books, and more (all floors)
- Visit our display about the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing (1st floor)
- Ride a new bicycle desk – a great way to get in some biking miles while it is too warm outside (2nd floor)
- Read a newspaper or popular magazine like Ebony, Consumer Reports, or Rolling Stone (2nd floor)
- Make a movie or scan some old photos in the STAC (2nd floor, no guest accounts)
- Play a game from our Brain Games Collection (1st floor)
- Spruce up your resume, finish that paper, or get an early start searching for next semester’s textbooks using one of our computers (2nd floor)
- Browse the Milton Wright Diaries or previous Stein Gallery exhibitions in CORE Scholar (online)
Library hours this weekend are:
Friday, July 19th – 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 20th – 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 21st – 1 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Bring a friend and join us for our 2019-20 Book Club sponsored by the Friends of the Libraries, WSU Alumni Association, and the WSU Retirees Association.
When and Where:
Tuesday evenings at 5:30 p.m. in the WSU Paul L. Dunbar Library, Room 441. Snacks provided, bring your own drink (Starbucks in the library will be open).
What We’re Reading:
September 24th, 2019 – Title: Disappearing Earth by Julia Phillips, a debut novel
November 19th, 2019 – Title: Salt Houses by Hala Alyan, winner of the 2018 Dayton Literary Peace Prize for Fiction
January 28th, 2020 – Title: What We Owe by Golnaz Hashemzadeh Bonde, a finalist for the Dayton Literary Peace Prize
March 31st, 2020 – Title: The Widows by local author, Jess Montgomery*
*The author will attend our book discussion
Books –titles will be available from the WSU University Libraries collection so check our catalog for copies. Don’t have a WSU library card? Join our Friends of the Libraries for borrowing privileges or borrow the titles from your local library.
Parking – Visitor parking available in Lot 11, stop at the Visitor Parking Booth in Lot 2 (in front of the Student Union) for a pass.
More Information – call the Wright State University Libraries at 937-775-2380.