STAC Studios A and B are now available for student, faculty, or staff bookings. The studios are equipt with new state-of-the-art technology to support a variety of audio and video editing projects such as: digital storytelling, online teaching videos, group interviews, voiceovers, digitizing artwork, graphic art/design projects, green screen recording, and more. The new Creation Station in Studio B is perfect for graphic arts – design, drawing, and digitizing artwork.
Studios A and B are available for four-hour bookings from the Libraries’ spaces webpage. WSU students, faculty, and staff are able to book the studios.
Are you interested in recording a voice-over or creating a green screen video for a project or club event? Maybe you want to start your own podcast or become the next YouTube or TikTok sensation! Studio A is your resource for audio and video production in the STAC.
This room contains a 21.5″ Apple iMac with Retina 4K display, Blue Yeti-X Microphone (suspended on a studio arm, with a shock mount and pop screen filter), studio lights, studio monitoring headphones with amplifier, and a Brio Ultra HD Pro 4K webcam.
Cameras, tripods, and other equipment can be checked out at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor.
- MAC software: iMovie, Garageband, Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud Software: Premiere Pro
Past projects completed in Studio A include:
- Green Screen Videotaping
- Voiceover work
- Narrating a PowerPoint project
- Digital storytelling
- Group interviews
- Online teaching videos
- Marketing/Advertising videos
The Wacom Cintiq Pro 32 Creative Pen and Touch Display is a drawing tablet, ideal for graphic design. It has an etched glass screen where you can see and draw directly where you want to. Wacom’s biggest touchscreen display (31.5”) with 4K resolution allows you to see every detail of your creation in pinpoint accuracy. Etched glass screen provides a distinct, tactile experience as you draw, while reducing unwanted glare and reflections. True-to-life color with 99% Adobe RGB and 1.07 billion colors (10 bits color) means the tint you choose is the tint you’ll see in your final output.
Includes a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with tilt recognition and 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity. Available for Checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Software Applications in Studio B
- Adobe CC Software – Beginner to Pro software including:
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Spark
- Premier Pro
Updated Creation Station in Studio B is great for:
- Graphic Art/Design/Drawing/Photography Classes
- Digiting artwork
- CEHS students’ EdTPA videos which are required for state teacher licensure
- Videos for the Library of Congress Veteran’s Voices Project
- Camtasia videos as required for EDT Instructional Design and Digital Learning coursework
- Creating videos and portfolios as required for Modern Language classes, ASL classes, TESOL certification, and Dance/Voice audition reels
- Creating videos in Athletic Training classes, Population and Public Health 6500 classes.
- Short, segmented, pre-recorded content for fully asynchronous online courses
- Recording and editing interview technique videos, as required for Counseling 7240 students
- Recording podcasts
- Creating videos or graphics for clubs, events and teams