Baseball is called America’s pastime, and Dayton is not an exception to the rule. The onset of spring brings families to the diamond all across the Miami Valley. Dayton is home to the Dayton Dragons, and before them, the Ducks. The region is also home to many Major league all-stars; including Roger Clemens, Mike Schmidt, Dave Burba, and Harvey Haddix. In addition to our homegrown talent, high school players from around the country have chosen local colleges as a stepping stone to the pros. Baseball , whether playing or watching, is an important tradition in the Dayton-area. Below is a selection of local baseball photos from the DDN collection. Grab a hotdog, root for the home team, and play ball!
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- So, you’ve decided to keep a Coronavirus diary- now what?
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis: Document Your Story
- Special Collections & Archives Reading Room Temporary Closure
- Special Collection & Archives Hours and Services During the COVID-19 Contingency Period
- The Centennial of Women’s Suffrage in the Miami Valley
- New Digital Collection: Wilbur F. H. Bigelow, Sr., Dayton-Wright Company Collection
- New Collection: Wright Field Photographs
- New Collection: Garard-Getter Family Collection
- New Collection: 1937 Flood Scrapbook
- New Collection: Ivan R. Gates Collection