Baseball is called America’s pastime, and Dayton is not an exception to the rule. The onset of spring brings families to the diamond all across the Miami Valley. Dayton is home to the Dayton Dragons, and before them, the Ducks. The region is also home to many Major league all-stars; including Roger Clemens, Mike Schmidt, Dave Burba, and Harvey Haddix. In addition to our homegrown talent, high school players from around the country have chosen local colleges as a stepping stone to the pros. Baseball , whether playing or watching, is an important tradition in the Dayton-area. Below is a selection of local baseball photos from the DDN collection. Grab a hotdog, root for the home team, and play ball!
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Take an Archives Staycation
- 50 Years Ago: Remembering the Kent State Shootings
- Learn How to Start a Family Oral History Project & Celebrate Preservation Week
- The Pandemic Through Photos
- Sharing Your Pandemic Story
- Celebrating The Boonshoft School of Medicine’s 1st Graduates
- Bingo! Explore our Online Resources & have fun too!
- Women’s History Coloring Sheets
- Free Webinar on Creating Family Archives by Margot Note
- So, you’ve decided to keep a Coronavirus diary- now what?