Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- New Collection: Jody Sjogren Aviation Art Collection
- New Collection: Eleanor Must Oral History, on growing up in Nazi Germany
- New Collection: Native Plant Society of the Miami Valley Records
- Digital Spotlight: Aircraft Photo Gallery
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, September 2019
- October is American Archives Month!
- Grant Supports Conservation of Wright Brothers Artifacts – See the Results!
- Digital Spotlight: Civil Aviation Medical Association (CAMA) Newsletters
- New Collection: Dayton Chamber Music Society Records
- New Collection: Clothes That Work Collection
Monthly Archives: October 2011
On October 31, 1861, the 1st OVI moved from Camp Corwin, near Dayton, Ohio to Cincinnati. On November 4, arms and equipment were issued. Albert Kern, in his 1918 history of the 1st OVI, writes that the men were given … Continue reading
The best in this kind are but Shadows…. ~ William Shakespeare Directions: Sign your name along the fold of the paper with a full pen of ink, and then double the page over without using blotting paper. So opens the … Continue reading
Halloween is a holiday known for its celebration and superstition on the night of October 31st. Traditional activities include trick-or-treating, costume parties, haunted houses, watching horror films, and carving jack-o-lanterns. Halloween has become a tradition for people of all ages … Continue reading