On April 1, 1862, Robert Patterson was mustered into the 61st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, Company F, in the rank of First Sergeant, for three years. The 61st OVI was organized on April 23, 1862 at Camp Chase, near Columbus, Ohio and was comprised of recruits from all parts of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and newly arrived immigrants, primarily Irish, Scots, and Germans. The 61st was originally commanded by Colonel Newton Schleich. However, Colonel Schleich resigned on September 23, 1862. For most of the war the regiment was commanded by Colonel Stephen McGroarty.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- (no title)
- New Collection: Dayton Chamber Music Society Records
- New Collection: Clothes That Work Collection
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2019
- New Collection: Rose Mary Lawson Shaker Research Collection
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, Monday, September 9, 7pm
- New Collection: American Association of University Women, Xenia, Ohio, Records
- New Collection: Friendship Force of Dayton Records
- Happy Birthday Orville and Katharine!
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, July 2019