Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
- Thank You to the Wright Brothers Family Foundation!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, July 2, 2018
- Thank you National Aviation Heritage Alliance!
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials
- Around the World Through Reference
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Yesterday was an exciting day in Special Collections & Archives. We had the privilege of assisting historian, author, and lecturer David McCullough and his assistant Mike Hill with research for McCullough’s upcoming book about the Wright Brothers, Sky High, which will be released in … Continue reading
On September 24, 1864, Captain William Patterson was mustered out of the 1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry Regiment. This was almost two weeks earlier than the October 7, 1864, date he originally projected. He served with 1st OVI from April 16, 1861, beginning … Continue reading
One of the major collecting areas for Wright State University Libraries Special Collections & Archives is aviation history. As a result, we have acquired tens of thousands of amazing and unique aircraft photographs. Recently, we began a long-term digital project to … Continue reading