We were saddened to learn that longtime Dayton Daily News columnist Dale Huffman died Saturday evening, July 25, at Kettering Memorial Hospital. Huffman, age 79, had been battling kidney cancer and other ailments. Huffman had been a fixture in local news since 1968, sharing good news and happy stories from around Dayton. Huffman was our 2014 honoree for the Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News Archive.
We mourn his loss alongside the Dayton community, and we extend our condolences to his family and friends.
Related blog posts & additional photos:
- Dale Huffman draws crowd for Living Legends on July 18 (July 22, 2014)
- Dale Huffman to speak at Living Legends of the Dayton Daily News on July 18 (July 9, 2014)
- Dale Huffman visits the Archives (July 9, 2014)
More information from the Dayton Daily News:
- Obituary: Dayton Daily News Columnist Dale Huffman (July 26, 2015)
- Funeral Arrangements set for Dale Huffman (July 27, 2015)
- Mourners Share Dale Huffman Memories (July 29, 2015)
- From the Archives: Dale Huffman (undated)
- Memories and columns from Dale Huffman (some premium content) (July 26, 2015)
- Columnist shares laughter, memories (premium content) (July 18, 2014)