Special Collections and Archives was honored to have Tony Hall, former Ambassador and Congressman, visit the archives last week to do research in his papers. Accompanying Hall was his former advisor and chief of staff, Rick Carne. Hall donated his papers to Wright State in 2002 and 2006. The Tony Hall Papers document the career of Tony Hall as both a U.S. Congressman, representing the Third District of Ohio, and as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture. The papers contain voting records, congressional bills, constituent correspondence, personal correspondence, speeches, photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, memorabilia, and research on a variety of topics. During his visit, archives staff had the opportunity to talk with him about the purpose of his research. Hall commented that he was very glad he donated the papers to WSU for their long term preservation and access. His purpose for coming was to review materials on North Korea to help him respond to the many interviews and requests for presentations he is receiving right now. Hall and Carne traveled to North Korea several times in the 1990s to see firsthand the state of the people in the country. He said the information he gathered from his trips is very relevant to what is happening today. History matters!
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Young Scholar Visits Wright State: Annabelle in the Archives
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: WSU’s Founding Faculty, Part 3
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2017
- September 11, 2017: Robert A. Kasprzak to Present “The Pilots and Personalities of the 28th Aero Squadron.”
- WSU’s 50th Anniversary: Hamilton Hall- Why Hamilton?
- Celebrating Wright State’s 50th: WSU’s Founding Faculty, Part 2
- Tony Hall, former United States Ambassador to the United Nations and Congressman, visits Special Collections and Archives
- Do you believe in ghosts? Orville Wright Sighting in Dunbar Library
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, July 2017
- The World at War: Across the Atlantic, Summer 1917