While you may not associate skiing with the Miami Valley, many local residents take to the outdoors on snowy days to hit the slopes or test the cardio with some cross country skiing. The Dayton Daily News and Journal Herald photographers documented Miami Valley skiers outside enjoying the snow. Did anyone cross country ski on Community Golf Course? Or maybe you traveled to the Sugarcreek Ski Hills in Bellbrook to do some downhill skiing on one of the two slopes. Sugarcreek operated from 1965-1989 and today the former ski lodge is now the Bellbrook Community Center.
Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Take an Archives Staycation
- 50 Years Ago: Remembering the Kent State Shootings
- Learn How to Start a Family Oral History Project & Celebrate Preservation Week
- The Pandemic Through Photos
- Sharing Your Pandemic Story
- Celebrating The Boonshoft School of Medicine’s 1st Graduates
- Bingo! Explore our Online Resources & have fun too!
- Women’s History Coloring Sheets
- Free Webinar on Creating Family Archives by Margot Note
- So, you’ve decided to keep a Coronavirus diary- now what?