While you may not associate skiing with the Miami Valley, many local residents take to the outdoors on snowy days to hit the slopes or test the cardio with some cross country skiing. The Dayton Daily News and Journal Herald photographers documented Miami Valley skiers outside enjoying the snow. Did anyone cross country ski on Community Golf Course? Or maybe you traveled to the Sugarcreek Ski Hills in Bellbrook to do some downhill skiing on one of the two slopes. Sugarcreek operated from 1965-1989 and today the former ski lodge is now the Bellbrook Community Center.
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Collections Available for Research, May 2022
- Summer Hours 2022
- Montgomery Co. Medical Society Alliance Scrapbooks Part 2: Scrapbook Art
- Montgomery Co. Medical Society Alliance Scrapbooks Part 1: Scrapbook Preservation
- Celebrating 150 Years of Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Winter Weather Closure, Feb 3-4
- Join us on Feb. 17! Paul Laurence Dunbar: Beyond the Mask Screening and Discussion
- Garlow’s Blizzard of 1978 Photos
- New Digital Collection of 1923 Dayton Area Street Views
- Winter Break Hours & Closures