New Collection: St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Records

The St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Records (MS-623) consist of a wide variety of records documenting the congregation’s 165-year history on Wayne Avenue in Dayton, Ohio, from its founding in 1852 through its closure in 2017. Records include general history, vital records, administrative records, publications, and audiovisual materials. Vital records include baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, and burials. Records are primarily in German through the early 20th century. The collection documents early Lutheran and German history and German culture in the Dayton area.

A small sampling from this large (32.3 linear foot) collection can be seen below:

Exterior of St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church on Wayne Avenue (MS-623, Box 75, File 1)

A page of vital records from the 1859-1885 volumes (MS-623, Box 9)

Member index card from MS-623, Box 19

Church interior, 1913 (MS-623, Box 75, File 1)

Mission trip to Louisiana to assist with Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts, 2006 (MS-623, ms623_e0006\Photos\2006 Katrina\Katrina1.jpg)

For more information about this collection, including an extensive historical sketch, thorough scope and content description, and a detailed box and file listing, please review the MS-623 St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Records finding aid.

This entry was posted in Collections, SC&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *