Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Exhibit “Rightfully Hers” Explores History of Women’s Suffrage
- Happy Birthday and Happy National Aviation Day!
- Take an Archives Staycation
- 50 Years Ago: Remembering the Kent State Shootings
- Learn How to Start a Family Oral History Project & Celebrate Preservation Week
- The Pandemic Through Photos
- Sharing Your Pandemic Story
- Celebrating The Boonshoft School of Medicine’s 1st Graduates
- Bingo! Explore our Online Resources & have fun too!
- Women’s History Coloring Sheets
Author Archives: Lisa Rickey
SC-317: Wright Field Photographs is a small selection of reprinted still photographs from the Wright/McCook Field Still Photograph Collection taken by the Air Force Material Division. Most of the photos are 1943 B&G (Building & Grounds) Publicity traffic congestion photographs … Continue reading
The Garard-Getter Family Collection consists primarily of the personal photographs of a Dayton, Ohio, family in the early 20th century: Jesse and Catharine (Getter) Garard and their two daughters Wilma and Mae (nicknamed “Major”). A few items date to as … Continue reading
In January and February 1937, record rainfall caused significant, record-breaking flooding in Ohio, as well as Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky, especially along the Ohio River. Overall, the flood left a million people homeless, causing $500 million in property damage. In … Continue reading