Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
- Thank You to the Wright Brothers Family Foundation!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, July 2, 2018
- Thank you National Aviation Heritage Alliance!
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials
- Around the World Through Reference
Category Archives: Aviation
“Saturday, August 19 (1905), At home. It is Orville’s and Katharine’s birthday anniversary. Called at Lorin’s at 4:30, rain.” -Milton Wright diary entry, August 19, 1905. As you can see, August 19 is a very special day for the Wright … Continue reading
Did you know the first Dayton Air Show, then called the Air Fair, was held June 26-27, 1975, at the James M. Cox International Airport? The 44th annual Air Show will take place on June 23-24. Special Collections & Archives has … Continue reading
This guest post was written by Wright State University student and SC&A researcher Brody Beaver. Located in the Wright State University Special Collections and Archives is a fascinating piece of history that is still similar to today’s aviation field. This … Continue reading