Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Exhibit “Rightfully Hers” Explores History of Women’s Suffrage
- Happy Birthday and Happy National Aviation Day!
- Take an Archives Staycation
- 50 Years Ago: Remembering the Kent State Shootings
- Learn How to Start a Family Oral History Project & Celebrate Preservation Week
- The Pandemic Through Photos
- Sharing Your Pandemic Story
- Celebrating The Boonshoft School of Medicine’s 1st Graduates
- Bingo! Explore our Online Resources & have fun too!
- Women’s History Coloring Sheets
October 2020 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Collections
The Garard-Getter Family Collection consists primarily of the personal photographs of a Dayton, Ohio, family in the early 20th century: Jesse and Catharine (Getter) Garard and their two daughters Wilma and Mae (nicknamed “Major”). A few items date to as … Continue reading
In January and February 1937, record rainfall caused significant, record-breaking flooding in Ohio, as well as Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky, especially along the Ohio River. Overall, the flood left a million people homeless, causing $500 million in property damage. In … Continue reading
Ivan R. Gates was an Early Bird of Aviation, receiving his pilot’s license in 1911, and is credited with starting the first flying school on the west coast in California. The collection documents Gates’ aviation business enterprises, including the Gates … Continue reading