Contact Us

We would love to hear from you!

Please contact us with any questions regarding our collections, events, exhibits, outreach  programs, or if you would like to plan to visit:

Contact Information

By e-mail:

Reference requests: archives@www.libraries.wright.edu
To share your Wright State or archives story: stories@www.libraries.wright.edu

By phone: (937) 775-2092

By mail:

Special Collections and Archives
Wright State University Libraries
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001

Hours:

When classes are in session:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wed: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sun: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

During breaks and summer:
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

A full calendar of our hours is available here.

Visitor information, including maps and parking information, is available on our website.

6 Responses to Contact Us

1. Brenda Guernsey says:

I work for the Greene County Public Library in Cedarville. Our book discussion group is planning to discuss Allan W. Eckert’s book Time of Terror sometime later in 2013. I was wondering if there is someone from your Library who could join us when we do discuss the book (in person or virtually by Facetime) to bring out further historical aspects related to the flood. We typically meet the last Monday of each month.
    Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

2. Tommy Brown says:

Hello Lisa,

I would be interested in any pictures you would have of Henry Brown or Kitty Patterson of Dayton. In particular their wedding. My GGG Grandfather was James Brown (Henry’s brother). Their parents were Abraham Brown and Margaret Kirkham of Belspring, VA. Per the historical Dayton records, James was the only Brown relative who attended the wedding at the Patterson Homestead in Dayton. James worked with Henry trading with the Miami Indians prior to the war of 1812 when hostilities between the Americans and the Miami increased dramatically. James was a farmer on a plot of land in the farthest southwest corner of Miami County that is west of the Miami River (Bethel Township), just north of Dayton. The two brothers moved from the Belspring, VA area as young men in the army. I’d be amiss to say that I wonder in the picture of the Patterson Gristmill who the two gentlemen are by the lower level door. I’ve very much enjoyed learning about Henry Brown and the Patterson family in particular. Especially Patterson’s somewhat contemptuous relationship with Dayton residents who were not fond of his slave owning. The Dayton Library has been extremely helpful with the genealogy work.

3. Scott Libis says:

Quick question about the Dayton Wright Aircraft Company:
    In William B. Harwood’s book “Raise Heaven and Earth” he states that Wright Martin had added Standard Aircraft Company to their corporation in 1917?
    I’m having problems finding any support documents confirming that Standard Aircraft was ever owned by Wright Martin, or Dayton Wright Aircraft.
    I’m hoping you might be able to provide clarification on this?
    Thank you!
    Scott

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *