Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, September 10
- SC&A Closed Labor Day, September 3, 2018
- Discover Your Story: Behind the Scenes Tours of the Archives
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2018
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
Tag Archives: 86th OVI
During June, July, and August 1862, the 86th OVI guarded commissary stores and railroads in western Virginia. On September 17, 1862, the regiment was ordered to Camp Delaware, Ohio to be mustered out. Stephen Patterson was mustered out on September 25, … Continue reading
On July 17, 1862, Stephen wrote his mother after receiving a letter from her indicating she was anxiously waiting to hear from him. In his letter, he reports that he is doing well — he feels great, the rations are good, … Continue reading