Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
- Thank You to the Wright Brothers Family Foundation!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, July 2, 2018
- Thank you National Aviation Heritage Alliance!
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials
- Around the World Through Reference
Tag Archives: Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry
On January 8, 1862, Robert Patterson was mustered out of the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry at Rolla, Missouri.
On December 24, 1861, Jefferson Patterson wrote his son Robert a letter in response to the December 15 letter he received from Robert. In the letter he comments on some of the news of the day and provides advice on how … Continue reading
On December 21, 1861, Robert sent a letter to his father from Rolla, Missouri. In the letter he reported another bout of sickness, promotion to 2nd Lieutenant, and personnel changes in his regiment. (Transcript of Robert’s letter to his father, December 21, … Continue reading